Xcell Medical Group is the FIRST medical facility in Lorain County to offer a REVOLUTIONARY NEW Treatment option – Regenerative Therapy with Stem Cells!
For many people who live with debilitating osteoarthritis and chronic musculoskeletal pain, treatment options are limited to mainly steroid injections, hyaluronic acid joint injections, joint replacement surgery, and physical therapy.
Our NEW breakthrough FDA Approved Regenerative Therapy with Stem Cells and growth factors may be used to successfully treat patients with osteoarthritis and other chronic musculoskeletal and joint pain issues.
Relief and Healing start almost immediately with Regenerative Therapy!
Regenerative Therapy is a revolutionary treatment option that uses the body’s own healing ability to recover from injuries, reduce pain, increase mobility, and improve your overall quality of life.
Xcell Medical Group now offers a full-range of regenerative therapies in order to give our patients access to the widest range of treatments for fuller healing and relief.
Some of the Regenerative Treatments we now offer include:
Cord Blood/Live Stem Cells
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
Learn more about some of our therapies:
Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections/PRFM
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections administer concentrated platelets from the patient’s own blood into damaged cartilage and tendons to reduce pain and to aid in the healing process.
- PRP rebuilds these tissues and can be used for common tendon injuries, such as tennis elbow, and to repair cartilage due to osteoarthritis or other damage.
- PRP injections consist of extracting a blood sample, concentrating the platelets and injecting them into injured areas of the body.
- PRP injections are sometimes performed in a series, but many patients only require one injection to see results.
- Alpha-2-Macroglobulin (A2M) Rich – 6 times the concentration found in blood
- Broad spectrum protease inhibitor that baits and traps all known factors causing cartilage catabolism
- First and only system to centrifuge and filter plasma for the optimal ratio of high platelets to low white blood cells if platelets are preferred
- Fibronectin-Aggrecan Complex Test performed pre-injection to determine injection efficacy
Orthopedics This Week’s 2015 Best New Spine Technology Award Recipient
100% Amniotic Fluid Injection
- Acellular, frozen, non-irradiated, 100% pure amniotic fluid allograft
- Retains its bioactivity with more than 200 growth factors proven present
- Membrane and chorion free
- Able to be injected through as small as a 30 gauge needle
Another treatment we use is Cord Blood with Live Stem Cells
What are Stem Cells?
Stem cells are undifferentiated cells in our bodies that have the capacity to change into any healthy cell in our body. Meaning they can change into skin, bone, heart, and muscle cells to name a few. They have the ability to replicate substantially as compared to normal somatic cells such as skin. Stem cells are located throughout our body in almost every organ and tissue such as bone marrow, fat, teeth, muscles, etc.
However, as other cells in our body, stem cells also age as we do. That is why this form of Regenerative Therapy uses stem cells from umbilical cord which are young and healthy.
The stem cell treatments we use are derived exclusively from the umbilical cord after delivery of a baby, which is the safest and least-invasive method of extraction available.
Once again, all donors go through a rigorous screening process, as determined by the FDA and American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).
Regenerative Therapy goes way beyond the benefits of any other treatments we offer.
While cortisone and other drugs only provide temporary pain relief, Regenerative Therapy Injections actually restores degenerated tissue while providing pain relief. Additionally, the injections contain collagen, proteins and hyaluronic acid, which acts as a lubricant or worn and damaged joints while encouraging new, healthy cartilage tissue growth.
Most people will feel immediate relief from their pain and will notice continued improvements in pain reduction, mobility, and range of motion following the treatment.
The wonderful thing about Regenerative Therapy is that it’s being found to be a safer and more effective pain relief treatment than addicting prescription medications and surgeries that require weeks and sometimes months downtime from your active life.
However, this therapy doesn’t just put a Band-Aid on the problem and walk away; it encourages your own body to start healing. The end result is reduced or eliminated pain, healthier joint tissue, increased mobility, and the ability to once again engage in all of your favorite activities, allowing you to live a vibrant, healthy, and pain-free life!
Here’s why Regenerative Therapy has been so effective in relieving chronic musculoskeletal and joint pain.
Fast Acting Relief – Most patients experience relief from their musculoskeletal pain after one treatment, and feel continuing relief as the body works to heal itself.
Long Lasting Healing – Regenerative Therapy with Stem Cells brings powerful healing cells to the damaged or injured joint. Then the cells start to multiply, bringing you healing that continues long after the treatment.
Safe and Gentle Therapy – The chances for a reaction towards this treatment are very low for most individuals. Patients also experience less downtime than surgery and other invasive treatments, plus they don’t need to come into the office for as many visits.
A quick breakdown of this simple, in-office procedure:
- Takes around 15 minutes
- No Anesthesia
- No Hospital Stays
- No Antibiotics
- Zero Recovery Time
- Clinically we expect significantly improved function in 1-3 months
- No Reported Adverse Effects or Rejection
Is Regenerative Therapy safe?
Yes! More than 10,000 injections have been performed so far without a single reported adverse side effect.
Some of the ways in which Regenerative Therapy Injections are safe include:
- The use of Regenerative Therapy is well-researched, safe, and effective and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved.
- Subjected to stringent United States Pharmacopeia (USP) testing
- Stem cells have been used by ophthalmologists and plastic surgeons for about 20 years.
- All donors go through a rigorous screening process, as determined by the FDA and American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).
Post Injection Rehabilitation
Your Rehabilitation Plan May Include Any Combination Of The Following:
Core Strengthening Exercises
Trigger Point Therapy