Treatments for Athletic & Sports Injuries at Xcell Medical Group in Elyria
Whether you are a casual or competitive athlete, participating in sporting activities is important to you.
At Xcell Medical Group, we know you want to get back to doing what you love to do. Our skilled clinicians offer comprehensive therapy to help injured athletes like you get back to your game quickly and safely.
Our sports medicine rehabilitation programs at our Elyria facility will help you overcome pain and lost function.
Many sports injuries result from overuse, lack of proper rest, lack of proper warm-up or poor conditioning. Our integrated medical staff will address these issues with you, including body mechanics and conditioning and strengthening programs, to help reduce your risk of future injury.
Sports injuries vary according to the type of sport in which you participate.
Some of the most common injuries that we treat include:
- Tendonitis and bursitis
- Sprains (ligament injury) and strains (muscle or tendon injury)
- Rotator cuff tears (shoulder)
- Instability (shoulder)
- Impingement syndrome (shoulder)
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer’s elbow
- Sciatica (back/leg)
- Herniated discs (back)
- Torn ACL, LCL, MCL and PCL (knee ligaments)
- Torn meniscus (knee cartilage)
- Patella (kneecap) problems
- Stress fractures (lower leg)
- Ruptured Achilles tendon (ankle)
- Plantar fasciitis (feet)